Insurance companies are businesses. In many cases they will deny or fail to pay fair compensation for legitimate hurricane damage claims. If that has happened to you, let our insurance bad faith attorneys handle the claim on your behalf. To arrange a free consultation about your claim contact our Miami law firm.How Can The Insurance Company Deny a Legitimate Claim for Storm Damage?
Arguments we have heard include:
- "The damage was caused by water after the hurricane, so it is flood damage, not hurricane damage, and not covered under the hurricane policy."
- "The moldy wall doesn't need to be torn down - just wash the mold off."
- "We will only pay to rebuild the house the way it was, even though the building code now has changed."
An insurance policy is a contract. The homeowner agrees to pay the premiums, and the insurance company agrees to pay hurricane damage claims. We will hold your insurer to that contract. When we are helping a policyholder, we send an investigator out to the site, get an independent estimate for the repair or replacement cost, and look at the insurance company's record of coverage disputes. We then will determine what fair compensation is and whether the insurance company has acted in bad faith in denying your claim.Steps to Take If Your Home Has Suffered Hurricane Damage
- Take pictures after the hurricane, if possible from the same angles as those taken before the storm.
- Contact your insurer as soon as possible.
- Keep a running diary of your contacts with insurance company representatives.
- Make a list of damaged interior furnishings and personal property.
- Make temporary repairs to prevent further damage.
- Keep all receipts for your expenses and expenditures related to the hurricane damage.
- Save all paperwork.
If you wonder whether you have a bad faith insurance claim, contact our Miami, Florida law firm today to set up a free initial consultation about denial of a claim. As our client, you pay no fees or costs unless we get money damages for you. We have been successful in helping hurricane victims get fair compensation for property damage.